The study of architecture provides students with the opportunity to be creative and use their technical skills in the design of buildings and environments. This architecture course is designed for the student to prepare a portfolio for architecture or architectural technology so that they can continue their studies to degree level.
Students will learn many skills in the areas of building design and modelling which will prepare them for higher education. They will develop key skills in 2D plan production, 3D and architectural design. Through the practical application of theory, students will become familiar with the architectural requirements to meet the needs of the client.
What Makes This Course Special
- ‘Hands-on’ practical learning
- Learn practical skills and apply knowledge
- Work with our construction experts
- Participate in a range of practical projects
- Prepare for work
- Progress to an apprenticeship or Higher Education
- Architectural Drawing
- Building Construction
- Design Skills
- Parametric CAD (Revit)
- Computer Aided Draughting (2D)
- Work Experience
Progress to further study and careers including:
- Architecture Technologist
- 3D design/ Modelling
- Building Trades
- CAD Technician
- Product Design
- Construction Technology
- Quantity Surveying
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Computer Aided Design 5M1940
- All course fees, from registration to exams and awarding body fees as well as course materials and equipment are covered.
(see costs, fees and finance)
See the Garda Vetting details on the Entry Requirements Page
PLSS Code: 370505
Coordinator: Laura Conheady
Course is subject to minimum enrolment. The programme content shown is indicative and is subject to change according to Awarding Body requirements as well as enrolment and resources.