Costs, Fees & Finance
Carlow Institute aims to make education as accessible as and affordable as possible. Your tuition, registration, examination and awarding body costs are all free.
The cost of PPE, clothing, kits, materials and equipment required for your course are covered.
If you are eligible for this exemption, you will only have to pay the relevant Registration and Examination / Awarding Body fee. We will send you full details of available fee exemptions when you are invited to enroll.
You must pay all registration fees to attend class or other activities. Fees are correct at time of publication, but please check with the Institute for current information.
We welcome applicants from all parts of the world. If you are a Non-EU National, you are required to pay a full tuition fee, unless you meet government exemption requirements (Special Leave to Remain). The tuition fee is determined by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science. You are also required to pay the relevant Carlow Institute registration and examination/awarding body fees, and other possible course costs.
Please be aware that successful applicants born outside Ireland will be required to provide appropriate documentation to confirm their legal status. All offers of places are subject to status and interview. You must pay all registration fees to attend class or other activities. Fees are correct at time of writing, but please contact the Institute for current information.
- Non-EU applicants will need to prove their identity and leave to stay and study before they will be offered a place at Carlow Institute
- Non-EU applicants must comply with Irish Immigration requirements. A visa from the Immigration Section of the Department of Justice and Equality must be secured, prior to acceptance. Non-EU applicants will be required to pay a tuition fee as determined by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science.
- Visa applicants: Currently, due to government policy, the Institute is not permitted to offer places to students who require a student visa.
- International applicants from Non-E.U. Countries with Special Leave to Remain in Ireland:
Applicants in this section generally are in one of the following categories:
- Refugee Status
- Asylum seeker with the right to work
- Parent of an Irish child
- Married to an Irish Citizen
Those with refugee status are not subject to tuition fees but must pay all other fees, any examination/awarding body fees, any other additional awarding body and/or materials, clothing or equipment fees.
Those who are parents of an Irish born child or those married to an Irish citizen, subject to confirmation by the Department of Justice, Immigration and Law Reform, may not be required to pay tuition fees, but must pay all other fees, any examination/awarding body fees, any other additional awarding body and/or materials, clothing or equipment fees.
Asylum seekers with the right to work must pay the full Department of Education / DFHERIS fee €3,653, all examination/awarding body fees, any other additional awarding body and/or materials, clothing or equipment fees.
KCETB and its colleges and Centres do not engage with the visa process.