Interviews will take place from March to August on a first come, first served basis.
Our staff will guide you through questions to make sure that you are in a position to succeed on the course.
You will be able to ask about the course and opportunities available.
It is essential to attend an interview – it is your opportunity to see if the course is the right choice for you.
If the course is the right choice for you, you will be offered a place. As courses are popular, this operates on a first fully enrolled basis. We cannot keep places for students who do not pay full fees.
If you aren’t ready to undertake a course, or need more time to develop skills, you will be guided to step-up options, including:
- Preparatory Level 4 courses, including Literacy and Numeracy
- Other alternative courses, including work-based learning and apprenticeships
- Career Guidance Counsellor advice on alternative courses.
It is an advisory interview to help you to understand what is involved on the course. It is aimed to make your transition to college as smooth as possible and you should be confident that you will be successful.
Top Tips For The Interview
Here are some ideas to help you prepare. Remember, we want to make sure the course is right for you!
- We’ll ask about your interests and how these relate to the course
- We’ll ask about what you want to do in the future
- We’ll ask about your achievements – these could be academic, or events that you have participated in
- We’ll ask what you think your skills are
- Above all, let us find out about you
Remember that like all professional interviews, some personal preparation will really help boost your confidence!
Only the applicant attends the interview, third parties are not permitted to attend.