Our very practical Music Performance course will support your ambitions for a career as a performer, composer, producer, manager, teacher or technician. You will be supported to develop performance skills through specialist lessons for instrumental and ensemble performance in a range of different styles. The course will develop your theoretical understanding of music styles, composition and a detailed understanding of the music industry and music management.
As a practical course, assessment is through a range of live music performance projects, including live performance gigs at professional venues. We also have excellent progression links to music studies at Higher Education.
What Makes This Course Special
- Talented musicians on our staff
- Live gigs and performance projects
- Professional facilities, including music practice suites and recording studio
- Digital arts suites with Apple Macs including Logic® and Sibelius®
- Build your demo portfolio
- Excellent progression routes
- Music Performance
- Music Industry Studies
- Music Theory and Practice
- Event Production
- Sound Engineering and Production
- Work Experience
Progress to further study and careers including:
- Live Events Manager
- Music Journalist
- Music Management
- Music Theory Studies
- Sound Engineer
Virtual Studio Tour – Click and Drag To Move Around
During my time in the Music Performance course, I was able to expand my horizons both musically and academically as well as being able to drive myself to become a better musician and performer. The teachers were brilliant and very helpful in all my modules. I am now in my second year of college in BIMM Institute Dublin, an achievement I would not have accomplished had it not been for the time spent in Carlow Institute.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate practical music skills, with a good level of competency in their chosen instrument/voice in addition to the
- Standard entry requirements.
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Music 5M2011
- All course fees, from registration to exams and awarding body fees as well as course materials and equipment are covered.
(see costs, fees and finance)
See the Garda Vetting details on the Entry Requirements Page
PLSS Code: 371071
Coordinator: Karen O’Neill
Course is subject to minimum enrolment. The programme content shown is indicative and is subject to change according to Awarding Body requirements as well as enrolment and resources.