If you would like to work in the health care sector and are looking for a course that is active and enjoyable, with many career options, then our Health Care Assistant course is for you.
Our course is designed to equip you with the specialist knowledge and practical skills to pursue a career in the growing healthcare sector and to work as a healthcare assistant in a variety of settings including the community, nursing home, hospital, hospice, respite and disability sector.
This course can support your entry to a career in health care, and progression to higher education courses in health and social care.
What Makes This Course Special
- Directly to work qualification
- High-level practical skills training
- Detailed technical knowledge
- Expert teaching team
- Includes essential additional qualifications
- Excellent progression routes
- Care Skills
- Care Support
- Care of the Older Person
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Palliative Care Support
- Safety and Health at Work
- Work Experience
Qualified Healthcare Assistant working in:
- Nursing Home
- Disability Services
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Healthcare Support 5M4339
- Pre-hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) First Aid Responder
- Patient Lifting and Manual Handling
- All course fees, from registration to exams and awarding body fees as well as course materials and equipment are covered.
(see costs, fees and finance)
See the Garda Vetting details on the Entry Requirements Page
PLSS Code: 371065
Coordinator: Maria Beagan
Course is subject to minimum enrolment. The programme content shown is indicative and is subject to change according to Awarding Body requirements as well as enrolment and resources.