The Hairdressing industry is a dynamic working environment, with opportunities for many different careers. Our Level 5 course leads to internationally recognised qualifications in the art of hairdressing. You will learn the practical skills of hairdressing and styling, and the underpinning theoretical knowledge that will enable you to pursue a career in hairdressing business. You will work in professional facilities and with award-winning staff.
You will have opportunities to develop your skills and build a portfolio of work that will help you to progress to employment.
What Makes This Course Special
- Progress to work
- Internationally recognised qualifications
- High-level skills training
- Outstanding facilities
- Award-winning hairdressing team
- Build your own creative portfolio
- Hairdressing Theory and Practice
- Hairdressing Science
- Creative Hair Design Skills
- Perm Hair
- Bridal Hair Styling
- Cut Womens Hair
- Colour Hair
- Safety and Health at Work
- Work Experience
Progress to further study and careers including:
- Salon Hairstylist
- Self-employed Hairstylist
- Fashion Hairstylist
- Product Representative
- Cruise Ship Hairstylist
- Resort Hairstylist
- TV and Film Hairstylist
- Wedding and Event Hairstylist
- Hair and Scalp Specialist
I decided to go back to hairdressing in Carlow Institute of Further Education and Training after having my son as I had lost confidence in myself and my hairdressing skills. I also wanted to gain qualifications that are recognized in the hairdressing industry as I had no qualifications to show for three years of training, I had previously done prior to having my son.
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Women’s Hairdressing with Evolve 3002-66
This international award at UK Level 3 is a full award equivalent to an Irish Level 5 major award
- SEC Hairdressing Junior Trades
- All course fees, from registration to exams and awarding body fees as well as course materials and equipment are covered.
See Costs, Fees & Finance
See the Garda Vetting details on the Entry Requirements Page
PLSS Code: 371064
Coordinator: Gerrard Hynes
Course is subject to minimum enrolment. The programme content shown is indicative and is subject to change according to Awarding Body requirements as well as enrolment and resources.