Our Film Making & Directing course is an exciting introduction to the production world of the Film and TV industry. A hands-on practical course, you will learn about many aspects of this industry, through practical projects that involve film production, shooting and editing film, scriptwriting, sound production, lighting and project management.
We work with our partners at VISUAL Carlow to engage you with professionals working in the industry, and to help you prepare work for public viewing. You will be able to build a portfolio of your own work to help support applications for further study and your career. This course can help you progress on to a wide range of Higher Education study options, with a strong knowledge and skills base that will set up for success.
If you are more interested in editing and visual effects then you should check out our Film Post-Production & Special Effects course.
What Makes This Course Special
- Work with our talented staff
- Digital arts suites with Adobe Premiere Pro® on Apple Macs
- Build your creative portfolio
- Professional spaces including our recording studio and performance studio
- Collaboration with professionals and VISUAL Carlow
- Excellent progression routes
- Cinematography Camera Operations
- Film Production
- Media Analysis
- Script writing
- Sound Engineering and Production
- TV and Film Editing
- Work Experience
Progress to further study and careers including:
- Film Making and Production
- Journalism and Radio
- Print Media
- Production Assistant (TV)
- Television Research
Studio Tour – Click and Drag To Move Around
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Media Production 5M18518
- All course fees, from registration to exams and awarding body fees as well as course materials and equipment are covered.
(see costs, fees and finance)
See the Garda Vetting details on the Entry Requirements Page
PLSS Code: 371056
Coordinator: Brian Flanagan
Course is subject to minimum enrolment. The programme content shown is indicative and is subject to change according to Awarding Body requirements as well as enrolment and resources.