Our Film Post-Production & Special Effects course will introduce you to the world of digital media creation with a strong focus on film editing and visual effects. This course is an ideal stepping-stone to courses in postproduction of Film and TV.
You can explore the creative potential of software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After-Effects, InDesign and Illustrator, and you will even get a license for your own home use of this software.
This course will equip you with practical skills in the creative design, production and editing of media. Not only will you achieve QQI certification, you can also gain Adobe awards to bolster your CV. Film Editing and Special Effects integrates TV and Film editing, Visual Effects, Sound Engineering and Design with the industry knowledge you need to take the next steps in your career.
If you are more interested in script writing and directing then you should check out our Film Making & Directing course.
What Makes This Course Special
- Fully-equipped digital arts suites with high power iMacs
- Home Licenses for the Adobe software
- The option to sit Adobe Certified Professional exams
- Professional video equipment
- State of the art music and sound effects studio
- Creative real-world projects
- Collaboration with professionals and Visual Carlow
- Excellent progression routes
- TV and Film Editing
- Visual Effects for Film and TV
- Sound Engineering
- Digital Editing
- Media Analysis
- Design Skills
- Work Experience
Progress to further study and careers including:
- Audio-Visual Communications
- Advertising and Marketing
- Digital Movie Printing and Publishing
- Digital Entertainment and Games
- Digital Photography
- Multimedia Programming
- Multimedia Design
- Visual Arts and Film
- Graphic Design
- Web Mastering
- Television and Video
- Multimedia Project Management
- Virtual Reality Filming
Music Studio Virtual Tour – Click and Drag to Move Around
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Media Production 5M18518
- Optional: Adobe Certified Professional exams in Photoshop, Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- All course fees, from registration to exams and awarding body fees as well as course materials and equipment are covered.
(see costs, fees and finance)
- There is currently no extra charge for the home license of Adobe Creative Cloud, or the Adobe exams as long as you are an active student at Carlow Institute.
- To get the most from the home license – students should have access to a good computer. See the Adobe site for more details.
See the Garda Vetting details on the Entry Requirements Page
PLSS Code: 371058
Coordinator: Keith Shirley
Course is subject to minimum enrolment. The programme content shown is indicative and is subject to change according to Awarding Body requirements as well as enrolment and resources.