Our Film Making & Directing course is an exciting introduction to the production world of the Film and TV industry. A hands-on practical course, you will learn about many aspects of this industry, through practical projects that involve film production, shooting and editing film, scriptwriting, sound production, lighting and project management.
We work with our partners at VISUAL Carlow to engage you with professionals working in the industry, and to help you prepare work for public viewing. You will be able to build a portfolio of your own work to help support applications for further study and your career. This course can help you progress on to a wide range of Higher Education study options, with a strong knowledge and skills base that will set up for success.
If you are more interested in editing and visual effects then you should check out our Film Post-Production & Special Effects course.
What Makes This Course Special
- Work with our talented staff
- Digital arts suites with Adobe Premiere Pro® on Apple Macs
- Build your creative portfolio
- Professional spaces including our recording studio and performance studio
- Collaboration with professionals and VISUAL Carlow
- Excellent progression routes
Progress to further study and careers including: