The science industries are one of Ireland’s fastest growing sectors, with job opportunities out-stripping supply of graduates. Our Applied Sciences course is an ideal foundation, providing a platform to a wide range of careers including Bio-pharma, agri-science, chemistry and micro-biology. You’ll study a wide range of science subjects, and applied laboratory skills, helping you gain practical insights as well as firm theoretical knowledge.
You can progress both to Higher Education and to many careers both in commercial and research science. For those wishing to progress to Higher Education, this foundation will give you an edge when you progress to degree level study.
What Makes This Course Special
- Develop practical laboratory skills
- Broad range of science knowledge
- Many progression options
- Fast-growing sector
- Exciting links & visits with Third level institutions
- Step up to wider-ranging professional career options
- Laboratory Skills
- Work Experience
Progress to further study and careers including:
- Biochemical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Clinical Researcher
- Laboratory Assistant
- Pharmaceutical Science
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Laboratory Techniques 5M3807
- All course fees, from registration to exams and awarding body fees as well as course materials and equipment are covered.
(see costs, fees and finance)
See the Garda Vetting details on the Entry Requirements Page
PLSS Code: 370499
Coordinator: Irene Hayes
Course is subject to minimum enrolment. The programme content shown is indicative and is subject to change according to Awarding Body requirements as well as enrolment and resources.