The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to work in a supportive role in the area of rehabilitation and physical disability. Physiotherapy is a rewarding area to work in and provides students with the opportunity to learn how to assess, treat and support recovering clients.
On this course, you will develop foundational skills and knowledge in subjects related to physiotherapy, both theoretical and practical. This will prepare you for progression to Higher Level study.
What Makes This Course Special
- High-level practical skills training
- Detailed technical knowledge
- Expert teaching team
- Includes essential additional qualifications
- Multiple progression opportunities
- Care Support
- Infection Prevention & Control
- Physiotherapy Assistant Practice
- Care Skills
- Physiotherapy Assistant Theory
- Rehabilitation Support
- Work Experience
- Anatomy & Physiology
Graduates can obtain employment in the Healthcare sector including nursing homes, retirement villages, hospitals, community and care settings. Graduates are eligible to apply through the CAO and/or the Higher Education Links Scheme for entry to year one of a range of higher education degree programmes. Examples below:
- Injury Prevention Advisor
- Rehabilitation Work
- Sports Injury Clinics Assistant
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Health Services Skills 5M3782
- VTCT (ITEC) Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage iSP3D32
- VTCT (ITEC) Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention (COVID-19) for Complementary Therapies and Sports Massage IP2A4
- PHECC – First Aid Responder
- All course fees, from registration to exams and awarding body fees as well as course materials and equipment are covered.
(see costs, fees and finance)
See the Garda Vetting details on the Entry Requirements Page
PLSS Code: 371159
Coordinator: Robbie Kavanagh
Course is subject to minimum enrolment. The programme content shown is indicative and is subject to change according to Awarding Body requirements as well as enrolment and resources.