If you are looking for a platform to progress to a wide range of careers in the General Arts, Humanities, Psychology or Sociology, then this course is for you. The course provides a foundation for progression to Higher Education study in general Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences. You’ll get a real taste for what’s required at third level before committing to a four-year degree, and it is an ideal first step for school-leavers and mature students returning to education
Our course introduces a wide range of humanities subjects and provides a broad foundation in writing skills and research studies which will really help prepare you for further study.
You’ll find extensive options for progression, and many potential career pathways.
What Makes This Course Special
- Introduction to new subjects
- Many progression options – ideal first-step to University or Institute of Technology
- Experienced talented staff
- Exciting links and visits
- Step up to wider-ranging professional career options
- Classical Studies
- Creative Writing
- English Literature
- Research and Study Skills
- Personal and Professional Development
Progress to further study and careers including:
- Liberal Arts
- Community Development
- Heritage Management
- International Development
- Libraries and Museums
- Public and Civil Service Administration
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in General Studies 5M3114
- All course fees, from registration to exams and awarding body fees as well as course materials and equipment are covered.
(see costs, fees and finance)
See the Garda Vetting details on the Entry Requirements Page
PLSS Code: 371079
Coordinator: Jonathan O’Brien
Course is subject to minimum enrolment. The programme content shown is indicative and is subject to change according to Awarding Body requirements as well as enrolment and resources.