Discover the world of Forensic Investigation and Science with this new course. You will benefit from an introduction to the basic principles of forensics and criminology in the context of a solid foundation of the core sciences Biology and Chemistry.
Students will participate in laboratory work, with a particular focus on how evidence is collected and analysed for use in legal cases. Participants will gain in-depth knowledge of crime investigation and criminology. Students will have the opportunity to develop their practical laboratory skills with a focus on Forensic applications. Graduates of this course will be prepared for further study or to begin their career.
What Makes This Course Special
- New Course for 2022-23
- High-level Professional Skills Training
- Solid foundation of science and investigation
- Practical skills and applied knowledge
- Many progression routes available
- Fast-growing sector
- Step up to wider-ranging professional career options
- Laboratory Skills
- Criminal Law
- Work Experience
Progress to further study and careers including:
- The Defence Forces
- DNA & Forensic Analysis
- Laboratories in areas such as General Science
- State Laboratory
- Forensic Science Laboratory
- General Science
- Pharmaceutical Science
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Laboratory Techniques 5M3807
- All course fees, from registration to exams and awarding body fees as well as course materials and equipment are covered.
(see costs, fees and finance)
See the Garda Vetting details on the Entry Requirements Page
PLSS Code: 371060
Coordinator: Irene Hayes
Course is subject to minimum enrolment. The programme content shown is indicative and is subject to change according to Awarding Body requirements as well as enrolment and resources.