Engineering offers fantastic career choices – you can progress to work environments where practical skills are combined with solution-focused theory.
You will study the fundamentals of engineering – covering drawing, practical workshop skills and the underpinning theory. This course will set you on the road to engineering careers in a huge variety of disciplines including product design, aerospace, manufacturing, electrical, electronics,
mechanical, energy, environment and transport. Our HE links and industry connections will help you maximise your progression and career options.
What Makes This Course Special
- Learn in our fully equipped workshops
- Use industry standard software SolidWorks®
- Learn practical skills and apply knowledge
- Discover new technologies
- Great professional links
- Excellent progression routes
- Building Construction
- Computer Aided Draughting
- Engineering Drawing
- Engineering Workshop Processes
- Engineering Workshop Theory
- Work Experience
Progress to further study and careers including:
- Aerospace Engineering
- CNC Operators
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Trades
- Electronic Engineering
- Maintenance Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Tool Making
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Engineering Technology 5M2061
- All course fees, from registration to exams and awarding body fees as well as course materials and equipment are covered.
(see costs, fees and finance)
See the Garda Vetting details on the Entry Requirements Page
PLSS Code: 371055
Coordinator: Pat Lawlor
Course is subject to minimum enrolment. The programme content shown is indicative and is subject to change according to Awarding Body requirements as well as enrolment and resources.