Early Learning and Care (Childcare) ELC
A career in Early Learning and Care is highly rewarding, allowing you to work across a range of Early Years Settings. The aim of this one-year full time course is to enable the leaner to acquire the knowledge, skills, and competencies to work independently and as part of a team providing holistic care and learning experiences for children from birth to six years. This award also provides the learner with the opportunity to progress into further and higher education and training.
What Makes This Course Special
- Internationally recognised qualification
- High-level skills training
- Outstanding facilities
- Highly experienced Early Years team
- Professional Practice placement in Early Learning and Care
- Children’s Rights, Legislation and Regulations
- Holistic Care of Children 0-6 years
- Early Childhood Growth and Development
- Curriculum, Play and Creative Studies
- Understanding and Assisting Children with Additional Needs
Progress to further study and careers including:
- After School Services
- Crèches Assistant
- Nurseries Assistant
- Pre-schools and Playschools
- Primary Schools Assistant
- Special Needs Assistant
- Leaving Certificate including Leaving Certificate Applied or other qualifications equivalent to a QQI major award at level 4.
- English language – Speakers of English as a second language must have a B2 in writing, reading, listening and speaking from the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Evidence of achievement of this standard is necessary for entry to the programme.
- Prospective learners will be expected to demonstrate:
- a desire to work in the early learning care sector
- an ability to act with responsibility and autonomy
- an ability to take responsibility for their own learning while under supervision
- QQI ELC Level 5 Certificate in Early Learning and Care 5M21473
- Manual Handling Certificate
- All course fees, from registration to exams and awarding body fees as well as course materials and equipment are covered.
(see costs, fees and finance)
See the Garda Vetting details on the Entry Requirements Page
Coordinator: Fiona Maher
PLSS Code: 371053
Course is subject to minimum enrolment. The programme content shown is indicative and is subject to change according to Awarding Body requirements as well as enrolment and resources.