If you aspire to a career in the construction industry, this programme will offer you a broad foundation of skills to support your progression.
You will learn practical construction skills and detailed underpinning theory through ‘hands on’ projects. Working with our Construction and Building experts, you can develop a broad range of skills that support progression to a range of careers.
This course will enhance your ability to progress direct to work, and will also support progression to Apprenticeships or Higher Education options.
What Makes This Course Special
- ‘Hands-on’ practical learning
- Learn practical skills and apply knowledge
- Work with our construction experts
- Participate in a range of practical projects
- Prepare for work
- Progress to an apprenticeship or Higher Education
- Architectural Drawing
- Building Construction
- Wood Fabrication
- Computer Aided Draughting
- Safety & Health at Work
- Work Experience
Progress to further study and careers including:
- Building Trades
- CAD Technician
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Technology
- Quantity Surveying
- Mechanical Engineering
I had previously worked as a block layer but was forced to stop due to injury and to reskill. This course teaches you the theory behind construction processes as well as providing you with the opportunity to apply those theories practically.
This course is the perfect vehicle to prepare you for third-level construction industry courses and I now plan to progress to SETU next year to study civil engineering.
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Construction Technology 5M5010
- All course fees, from registration to exams and awarding body fees as well as course materials and equipment are covered.
(see costs, fees and finance)
See the Garda Vetting details on the Entry Requirements Page
PLSS Code: 371050
Coordinator: Laura Conheady
Course is subject to minimum enrolment. The programme content shown is indicative and is subject to change according to Awarding Body requirements as well as enrolment and resources.