Our Pre-University PE Teaching & Sports Studies course is designed to provide you with a range of skills and aims to prepare for a career in teaching, coaching, strength and conditioning. You will study the theory of Sport and Recreation, Exercise and Fitness and a range of team coaching awards that are immediately relevant to this dynamic, energetic and fastmoving sector.
We are linked with organisations like the GAA, and you will have opportunities to further your teaching and coaching abilities in a range of team sports. You will study the theory required to gain an understanding of the various elements of the sport and fitness industry. This combination of practical and theory-based study will support you to access a range of career opportunities including PE teaching, Strength and Conditioning, Sport and Recreation Management. You can progress direct to work, or to additional Further and Higher Education.
What Makes This Course Special
- Internationally recognised qualifications
- Highly experienced PE, sports & fitness team
- High-level PE and coaching training
- Outstanding PE facilities including fully-equipped gym
- Excellent progression routes
- Work experience in sports coaching/PE teaching at primary or post-primary schools
Progress to further study and careers including: