Illustration, Design and Drawing is the art of explaining and communicating through visual image. The foundations of illustration, drawing, printing, composition, narrative and sequence are studied through intensive research and development strategies. You will use a wide range of techniques and practices, through an exploration of imagebased visual language to tell stories.
Using our professional standard iMac suite, you will create projects to develop your skills in illustration, drawing, image creation, photography, and much more. You will build on these practical creative skills and generate and evolve ideas to finished illustrative products. In addition, you will produce a portfolio of work for progression to Higher Education and your future career, becoming proficient in the Adobe suite of software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and more), building on these skills for real live projects and your art portfolio.
What Makes This Course Special
- Build your art portfolio
- Talented artists on our staff
- Projects with professionals & VISUAL Carlow
- Professional art studios to develop your work
- Digital arts suites with Apple Macs using the Adobe suite of software
- Excellent progression routes
- Graphic Design Skills
- Desktop Publishing
- Design Skills
- Digital Photography
- Combined Materials
- Work Experience
Progress to further study and careers including:
- Graphic Designer
- Freelance Designer
- Exhibition and Event Display
- Editorial Design Creative
- Technical and Illustration
- Visual Merchandiser
- Web Designer
Applicants are required to bring a selection of recent artwork to interview in addition to the standard entry requirements.
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Graphic Design 5M1995
- All course fees, from registration to exams and awarding body fees as well as course materials and equipment are covered.
(see costs, fees and finance)
- Students need to have access to a digital SLR camera
See the Garda Vetting details on the Entry Requirements Page
PLSS Code: 371098
Coordinator: Susan Murphy
Course is subject to minimum enrolment. The programme content shown is indicative and is subject to change according to Awarding Body requirements as well as enrolment and resources.