Healthcare & Intellectual Disability Studies
This one-year course promotes a range of skills and competencies necessary for students to work as Healthcare Assistants in a range of care environments such as hospitals, nursing homes and in the community. Our course is designed to equip you with the specialist knowledge and practical skills to pursue a career in the growing healthcare sector and to work as a healthcare assistant in a variety of settings including
the community, nursing home, hospital, hospice, respite and disability sector.
This course can support your entry to a career in health care, and progression to higher education courses in health and social care.
What Makes This Course Special
- New Course for 2023-24!
- Directly to work qualification
- High-level practical skills training
- Detailed technical knowledge
- Expert teaching team
- Includes essential additional qualifications
- Excellent progression routes
- Care Skills
- Care Support
- Care of the Older Person
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Intellectual Disability Studies
- Safety and Health at Work
- Work Experience
Qualified Healthcare Assistant working in:
- Nursing Home
- Disability Services
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Health Care Support 5M4339
- Pre-hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) First Aid Responder
- Patient Lifting & Manual Handling
- All course fees, from registration to exams and awarding body fees as well as course materials and equipment are covered.
(see costs, fees and finance)
See the Garda Vetting details on the Entry Requirements Page
PLSS Code: 371099
Coordinator: Muire Burke
Course is subject to minimum enrolment. The programme content shown is indicative and is subject to change according to Awarding Body requirements as well as enrolment and resources.