Computer Programming & Coding
This Level 5 Computer Programming & Coding course provides students with an excellent grounding in computer programming. You will develop practical skills and qualifications which will enable you to apply directly to third level through the CAO and also provides an entry point into a career in the technology
sector. This course meets the demand for the increased use of technology in almost every industry. This has resulted in a high demand for IT specialists.
Our staff has extensive industry experience which will ensure that you are industry ready with the opportunity to acquire essential skills to gain employment in the thriving IT sector.
What Makes This Course Special
- New Course for 2022-23!
- Step-up to HE
- Learn with expert staff
- Get ‘hands-on’ experience
- Apply ICT theory to practical tasks
- Lead your own practical projects in problem solving and solutions
- Direct to work options
- Fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming
- Software Architecture
- Maths for Information Technology
- Work Experience
- Mobile Technologies
- Programming and Design Principles
- Web Authoring
Progress to further study and careers including:
- Network installation
- Computer maintenance
- IT Technician
- TU716 L7 Networking Technologies
- TU713 L7 Computer Engineering
- TU655 L6 Networking Technologies (learn & work)
- Cybercrime & IT Security
- Computer – Applications or Programming
- Software Development
- WD151 Software Systems Development
- Computer Forensics and Security
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Software Development 5M0529
- All course fees, from registration to exams and awarding body fees as well as course materials and equipment are covered.
(see costs, fees and finance)
See the Garda Vetting details on the Entry Requirements Page
PLSS Code: 371057
Coordinator: Mary Collins
Course is subject to minimum enrolment. The programme content shown is indicative and is subject to change according to Awarding Body requirements as well as enrolment and resources.