Advanced Music Performance is a progressive course for performing musicians, building on the skills and knowledge previously achieved at Level 5. We focus on the development of high-level performance technique and support you to engage with the fast-paced music industry and its wide variety of career opportunities for skilled creatives.
In addition to solo and group performance development, you will build on your skills and knowledge in many related areas including song writing, sound engineering, event management, promotion and music management.
Your teaching team includes skilled practical musicians who will work with you to prepare you for a successful career in the music industry. As a performance-based course, your assessment projects will include live music performances and gigs, songwriting and studio recording. We will also help you to prepare for auditions for access to Higher Education progression opportunities.
What Makes This Course Special
- New for 2024/25
- Experienced musicians on our staff
- Live gigs and performance projects
- State-of-the-art facilities and equipment, including music practice suites and recording studio
- The opportunity to write and record original songs
- Excellent progression routes
- Collaboration with our partners VISUAL Carlow
- Detailed technical knowledge
Progress to further study and careers including: