Hotel & Hospitality Operations
If you aspire to a career in the Hotel and Hospitality sector, this programme will provide you with a fantastic introduction to the wide range of careers on offer. You will learn practical skills such as food preparation, accommodation techniques and hospitality, and a range of business skills to support your career ambitions. You can progress to careers in many hospitality contexts, including hotels, resorts, restaurants, events venues, cruise-liners and destination venues.
Hotel and Hospitality Operations is a PLC Work-Based programme, and part of your study will include work placements with our Hotel and Hospitality partners, where you will work with experienced colleagues, and learn practical skills in the business context. This programme leads to a qualification that will be your passport to exciting careers in the world of hospitality operations and management, including options to travel and to progress to Higher Education, and to progress to Level 6 Supervisory Management at Carlow Institute.
What Makes This Course Special
- PLC Work-based – learn skills on placement
- Develop practical hospitality skills
- Learn underpinning theory to support your career
- Fast-growing sector
- Wider-ranging professional career options, including travel
- Step-up to a wide range of Higher-Education courses
- Accommodation Techniques
- Customer Service
- Food Preparation
- Restaurant Hospitality
- Reception and Frontline Office Skills
- Work Experience
Progress to further study and careers including:
- Holiday Resorts
- Pubs and licensed restaurants
- Food and drink concessions
- Catering management
- Accommodation venues
- Heritage and destination venues
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Hospitality Operations 5M2083
- All course fees, from registration to exams and awarding body fees as well as course materials and equipment are covered.
(see costs, fees and finance)
See the Garda Vetting details on the Entry Requirements Page
PLSS Code: 371066
Course Coordinator: Ciara Geoghegan
Course is subject to minimum enrolment. The programme content shown is indicative and is subject to change according to Awarding Body requirements as well as enrolment and resources.