Our Pre-Apprenticeship Construction Trades programme is the perfect foundation for anyone seeking employment as an apprentice in the construction industry. This Pre- Apprenticeship will introduce you to areas such as carpentry, electrical and plumbing, and working with our Construction and Building experts, you can develop a broad range of skills that support progression to a range of careers.
Completing this pre-apprenticeship will give you a competitive edge when applying for apprenticeship jobs. The skills and knowledge that you learn on this pre-apprenticeship will help you progress quickly through your learning and qualification as a formal apprentice. You will learn practical construction skills and detailed underpinning theory through ‘hands on’ projects.
This course will enhance your ability to progress direct to work, and will also support progression to Apprenticeships and many other options.
What Makes This Course Special
- ‘Hands-on’ practical learning
- Learn practical skills and apply knowledge
- Work with our construction experts
- Participate in a range of practical projects
- Prepare for work
- Progress to an apprenticeship or Higher Education
- Architectural Drawing
- Building Construction
- Wood Fabrication
- Computer Aided Draughting
- Safety and Health at Work
- Work Experience
Progress to further study and careers including:
- Building Trades
- CAD Technician
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Technology
- Quantity Surveying
- Mechanical Engineering
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Construction Technology 5M5010
- All course fees, from registration to exams and awarding body fees as well as course materials and equipment are covered.
(see costs, fees and finance)
See the Garda Vetting details on the Entry Requirements Page
PLSS Code: 371051
Coordinator: Laura Conheady
Course is subject to minimum enrolment. The programme content shown is indicative and is subject to change according to Awarding Body requirements as well as enrolment and resources.