This course is suitable for anyone who plans to work within the community and has an interest in making a difference in society. It can be a gateway onto related areas of study at higher level.
This course will equip you to understand key ideas and features of the community development process, its potential to contribute to social change, the factors that have shaped community development and the current challenges faced by society. You will explore the roles of the main organisations and
agencies involved in community development in Ireland.
You will be introduced to the academic foundation and general areas of social justice and gain an understanding of contemporary community and social contexts and issues. Through the study of relevant themes, you will study and examine societal injustice, legal studies, human rights and related debates that are relevant to society.
What Makes This Course Special
- New Course for 2023-24!
- In-depth study of the social sciences
- Foundation to many careers
- Highly experienced social sciences team
- Study visits to work contexts
- Excellent progression routes
- Care Provision and Practice
- Equality and Disability
- Human Growth and Development
- Social Studies
- Team Working
- Safety and health at Work
- Work experience
Progress to further study and careers including:
- Advocacy Services
- Advisory Services
- Community Work
- Education Services
- Health Support Services
- Social Work
- Voluntary Work
- Youth Services
- QQI Level 5 Certificate in Community Care 5M2786
- All course fees, from registration to exams and awarding body fees as well as course materials and equipment are covered.
(see costs, fees and finance)
See the Garda Vetting details on the Entry Requirements Page
PLSS Code: 371096
Coordinator: Annette Dempsey
Course is subject to minimum enrolment. The programme content shown is indicative and is subject to change according to Awarding Body requirements as well as enrolment and resources.